L.A. Works customizes community service experiences to make volunteering easy for our corporate partners. These projects create fun team-building opportunities for your company and reinforce the importance of corporate citizenship. They are also a proven way to maximize the strategic community impact of a corporation's charitable dollars by adding volunteer labor to in-kind goods and resources.
Our BusinessWorks program can offer your company a wide variety of volunteer activities. For example, you can:
- Plant a seed in the community and build a neighborhood garden.
- Be a kid again and transform a playground through painting and landscaping.
- Paint a colorful mural for children living in a shelter.
- Provide companionship to residents at a senior center, a little bingo anyone?
- Help make reading at recess fun by creating a shaded literacy garden at an LAUSD elementary school.
Your Customized Community Service Experience
From a single day, large-scale makeover of a school to quarterly nature conservation projects, we work with you to create your ideal project(s). We are your company's volunteer consultant and event planner rolled into one; all your team needs to do is show up!
L.A. Works provides every aspect of project management, and our expertise includes:
- Site Selection: We take the legwork out of your project planning by securing the nonprofit organization that aligns with your corporate philanthropic interests and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to the geographic area, issue area, number of volunteers, and the types of skills the volunteers would like to use or activities in which to participate.
- Project Design: We develop a project plan that identifies the project timeframe, project tasks, leadership plan, and supplies needed for a successful project.
- Supply Procurement: From paint and brushes to ladders and shovels, the supplies that are needed for a successful project will be taken care of for you.
- Project Implementation and Leadership: We begin the day with a brief orientation about the partner nonprofit and why the volunteers are there, teach your volunteers on how to do each task for the day, and lead your volunteers throughout the project.
- Evaluation: We offer post-event reporting that captures images, impact, and volunteer perspectives from the day.
As an organization that strives to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through service and community connections, we have strong relationships with our county's social service agencies, parks, academic centers, and community organizations. Through these relationships we are tapped into the pulse of the sector and thus successful in matching corporations with our community's needs. We request a donation from our corporate partners to help support the costs of the project. Projects often range in scale from 50 to 5000 volunteers and fees are based on project size and type. As a unique nonprofit social enterprise, the funds from our BusinessWorks program help support our ongoing volunteer programming that is available for free to the community and our nonprofit partners.
To learn more about BusinessWorks opportunities and benefits please contact L.A. Works Executive Director, Deborah Brutchey at (323) 224-6510. If you'd like to get a sense of the options and "pricing", you can also check out this BusinessWorks Menu.
If you are an HR manager and/or interested in maximizing the volunteer experience by integrating team building or professional development skills into the day, you have come to the right place! L.A. Works has a special collaboration with Dale Carnegie LA in which we expand our traditional BusinessWorks programming to focus as a high level goal for the day to strengthen employee relations and enhance collaboration. Together, L.A. Works and Dale Carnegie are at the forefront of the community service movement, creating a unique volunteer experience that integrates professional/personal development with meaningful and substantial programs.
To learn more about the expanded TeamWorks offerings contact firstname.lastname@example.org at (323) 224-6510.
EverythingChannel Day of Service
a BusinessWorks Project
For a list of a few of our recent corporate partners, please visit our Recent Partner List.