Recent Partner List
The following is a snapshot of a few of our hundreds of corporate partners for whom L.A. Works has designed a BusinessWorks service project, engaged in a Signature Day of Service, and/or with whom has created a unique strategic partnership opportunity.
- Discovery Communications: On the company's Discover Your Impact Day, 75 employee volunteers participated in one of three projects that were designed and managed specifically for them – painting a mural at a local school, organizing meals at Aids Project LA, and trail maintenance at Griffith Park.
- SAP Day of Service: Every fall for over five years, 50-100 SAP employees have spent the day together contributing to the community. Projects that L.A. Works has coordinated for SAP include renovation work at a transitional living shelter, a gardening project at the VA Hospital, and beautifying a local school.
- Disney "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" Launch: L.A. Works coordinated hundreds of community volunteers and celebrities (Miss Piggy included!) to begin construction on homes at a Habitat for Humanity build site and roll out Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" promotion.
- OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network: In lieu of a holiday party, a team of 75 employees from OWN revitalized several of the living and recreational areas at Aviva, a transitional living facility for at-risk adolescent girls. Included in their work that day was a renovation of the arts and movement therapy center, complete with paint, curtains, new flooring, and murals, planting and gardening in the courtyard, as well as creating a beauty salon for the girls.
- UCLA Day of Service: To launch the UCLA Volunteer Center, L.A. Works coordinated their first ever day of service for 5,000 incoming students. Projects included a beach and trail project, trail maintenance, facility beautification at a VA Hospital, and painting murals, gardening, and beautification at five local schools.