Service Enterprise is a national certification program for nonprofits to leverage their volunteer base even more effectively and sustainably in order to increase their impact on the community. The program includes organizational assessment, transformative training, consulting support, and networking with other nonprofits.
L.A. Works is certified to deliver the and certification to nonprofits around creating sustainable and meaningful methods for leveraging volunteers across all leadership levels, and in all departments, to successfully deliver on the social mission of the organization. CVSEI has become a groundbreaking program elevating the power of volunteers and increasing the capacity of what the nonprofit sector can do in the community. It is currently being piloted at the national level by Points of Light.training Service Enterprise Initiative (CVSEI) curriculum. In this program, L.A. Works offers strategies, CaliforniaVolunteers.
1. A four session hands-on, interactive training coupled with one-on-one coaching by Executive Service Corps experts or...
2. If you already feel your organization leverages your volunteer base effectively and sustainably, you may be a great candidate to become a fast tracked Service Enterprise in recognition of all your success. The Service Enterprise seal of recognition is nationally recognized and great for speaking to funders about your programs.
What is a Service Enterprise? Read about Downtown Women Center's Story on being one of the first Service Enterprises.
Becoming a certified Service Enterprise through L.A. Works offers you...
- Opportunity to showcase excellence in strategic volunteer engagement to your community and funders;
- Competitive edge in soliciting funds;
- Increased value and prestige of your work as a leader in the nonprofit sector;
- Opportunity for national recognition;
- Recognition of your work on Points of Light, CaliforniaVolunteers and L.A. Works websites;
- Certification logo and language around Service Enterprise; and
- Free up your staff time engaging volunteers so your organization can better deliver its mission to the community.
Becoming one of L.A. Works' go-to organizations for...
- Project based pro bono consulting;
- Opportunities to host corporate volunteer engagement;
- Access to recruit for volunteers at service fair with 1000+ attendees;and Volunteer matching and management; L.A. Works volunteer organized and managed projects.
Upcoming Service Enterprise training dates:
Session 1: Third week of June.
Session 2: Second week of July
If you're interested in your organization becoming a candidate for the initiative, please fill out this application.
For questions, please contact the Director of Programs, Gyasi Ross at gyasi [at] laworks [dot] com.