Become a Project Leader
L.A. Works offers volunteers the chance to make a bigger impact by becoming a Project Leader. These leadership opportunities allow you to meet people, learn valuable job skills like management and planning, get an inside look at the nonprofit sector, and know you went above and beyond in making the world a better place.
Signature Projects are long-term volunteer projects at non-profits that are run by a Project Leader. Projects usually take place 1-4 times per month for a minimum of 6 months and activate anywhere from 5 - 200 volunteers.
What does a Project Leader do?
- Manages an existing recurring volunteer project at a non-profit or helps a non-profit create a new one
- Communicates with non-profit partner, volunteers, and L.A. Works
- Owns all aspects of project preparation, execution, and follow up
What are the requirements to be a Project Leader?
- Prior leadership experience is helpful but not required
- Commit to at least 6 months of service
- Attend an L.A. Works training
- Shadow two Project Leaders
- Complete a background check
How do I get started?
- Check out the opportunities below that need a Project Leader
- Email Denise@laworks.com
- Attend a leadership training
- Fill out your full volunteer profile including availability, interests, and skills