About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates, manages, and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. With nearly 30 years of success, L.A. Works addresses three principal needs: to increase volunteer participation in the community; to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through access to volunteer labor and other resources; and to educate and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles community. L.A. Works has more than 30,000 registered volunteers who have contributed over 1,000,000 volunteer hours of service to thousands of nonprofits in the Los Angeles community.
AmeriCorps VISTA: AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities.
L.A. Works Volunteer Corps Manager Position Overview: In partnership with the senior staff at L.A. Works, the Volunteer Corps Manager will strategically develop the L.A. Works Volunteer Corps program comprised of AmeriCorps VISTA members and partners. This position will be responsible for recruiting, training, and coordinating the VISTA members and host site supervisors. This individual will manage a VISTA Leader to execute our Volunteer Corps program curriculum. This candidate should be a skilled program manger and be passionate about eliminating poverty through capacity building projects through out the Los Angeles Community. The ideal will candidate will have a working knowledge of AmeriCorps, The Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS), and an exceptional ability to juggling multiple projects/partners while tracking and reporting on their outcomes. Supervisory experience or volunteer management experience is a plus. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
· Maintain the L.A. Works Volunteer Corps organizational and reporting infrastructure
· Provide day-to-day management and oversight of L.A. Works Volunteer Corps program
· Recruit, train and match the L.A. Works Volunteer Corps VISTA members
· Recruit and train non-profit partners/host site supervisors
· Develop VISTA member leadership curriculum alongside VISTA Leader
· Manage and recruit VISTA Leader
· Develop and manage VISTA reporting system
· Coordinate with CNCS on program needs and updates
· Proficiently utilize CRM database (Salesforce) for efficient tracking, reporting, record keeping, and data management.
· Office support alongside the programs department
· General nonprofit posting support
· Bachelor’s degree
· Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and AmeriCorps program
· A track record of delivering results while juggling competing priorities
· Access to personal car for regular travel throughout Los Angeles County
· Strong communications skills; self-starter who can multi-task
· Professional demeanor in person, in writing, and on the phone
· Comfortable delivering presentations and guiding a room of participants
· Proactive, self-directed, and results-oriented personality with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
· Excellent networking and relationship building skills
· Ability to be creative and resourceful to develop new, unique programs and initiatives
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature
· Open to and excited by the opportunity to inform our strategic thinking and work within an entrepreneurial environment
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Valid driver’s license
· Access to a personal car for occasional travel throughout Los Angeles County
· Some evening and weekend commitments
· Experience with Salesforce, a plus
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Six pro-tips for your application:
- Before applying please understand what an AmeriCorps VISTA Intermediary does in general.
- There is no requirement to have been in AmeriCorps before just understanding what it is enough.
- We will read your cover letter so don't just send something in that's been recycled.
- Talk about what your passionate about and how it relates to this work.
- We care about your experience but we care more about your passion for what we do so research our website and the type of work you'll be doing with us.
- We read every application and multiple people look over the resumes and cover letters so be sure there are no typos in what you submit.
Looking forward to reading your applications!
Apply: Send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org