Art Collections Intern
Quick Overview: We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join Venice Family Clinic’s Special Events Team. Art Collection Interns will primarily assist in the production of Venice Family Clinic Art Walk & Auction.
Mission or Broader Program Description: At Venice Family Clinic, we believe that everyone deserves quality health care, regardless of income, insurance or immigration status.
Impact: With a network of twelve sites in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, Inglewood, and Culver City, and an extensive homeless outreach program, the Clinic provides comprehensive services including primary and specialty care, dental, vision, behavioral health, substance use treatment, health education, health insurance enrollment, and early childhood development. Patients often first come to Venice Family Clinic because no one else will see them, but they return because they trust the Clinic’s providers. They feel safe in their surroundings and they are treated with dignity while receiving quality care.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: As an intern, you will gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience as you work closely with the Art Curator and the Events Team. You will help execute and curate a 300+ contemporary silent art auction that takes place on the day of Venice Art Walk. You will be trained to be an Art Docent Guide and will have the opportunity to share your knowledge with patrons and develop a deeper understanding of the art market. Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to connect with prospective artists, get exclusive access to our esteemed roster of artists. Most importantly, you will play a crucial role in helping the Clinic raise over $1 million in critical funds to provide nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children with access to comprehensive and quality health care.
• Update and maintain database
• Coordinate logistics for art pickups, drop offs, and shipping
• Handle artwork, which may include receiving, unpacking/packing artwork; hanging artwork
• Develop working relationships with artists
• Provide general administrative/ operation support (i.e. solicitation calls, deliveries, mailings, marketing etc.)
• Train volunteers on collection handling practices and take on other leadership roles on the day-of
Venice Art Walk
• Assist with event-day production (i.e. sign placements, supply organization, setup, calls to patrons, etc.)
• Deadline and solution oriented
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
• Ability to interact professionally with donors, visitors, and team members
• Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
• Familiarity with Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus but not mandatory
Hours: Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants will ideally work 2-3 shifts a week, and a minimum of 8 hours a week during normal business hours (Mondays-Fridays from 9am-5pm). Interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to events. Interns must commit to working the weekend of Venice Art Walk (Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3).
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and weekly schedule) to VFCvolunteer@mednet.ulca.edu.
Los Angeles, CA