Now hiring: Event Production Coordinator
Is your favorite store Home Depot? Do you have a passion for DIY projects and sawdust? Do you keep an organized tool box in your car, just in case you need it? Does being on a team of can-do fast moving nonprofity name takers sound awesome? Look no further, send us your cover letter (REALLY write a good one!) and resume.
About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates, manages, and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We're committed to building a dedicated staff that reflects the diverse Los Angeles community. We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced individuals who share in our passion for service and our civic pride.
- Our work matters and has a direct positive impact on our neighbors
- We enjoy a casual, but focused office atmosphere (we roll up our sleeves and get to work)
Position Overview: As Event Production Coordinator you will run the day-to-day operations and organization of the L.A. Works warehouse. You’ll manage the back-end and logistics of large and small service projects, playing an integral role in assuring our volunteers, and corporate and nonprofit partners have a meaningful and enjoyable event experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong communications skills, be a self-starter, have experience in event production, and experience working with and managing volunteers and/or teams. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
- Run the day-to-day operations, organization and inventory of the warehouse, including, all tools, materials, supplies, in-coming deliveries.
- Develop criteria, instructions and procedures for the distribution and collection of all tools and materials for our large days of service.
- Deliver all items to project sites for corporate projects, annuals days of service, and other programs on time and with exceptional customer service.
- Act as part of the on-site execution team for corporate projects and annual days of service.
- Procure materials needed and coordinating delivery, accurately pulling and checking all tools needed prior to arriving at project site.
- Help design volunteer projects including light carpentry/construction.
- Prepare project materials as needed, such as cutting wood for builds.
- Perform general maintenance of machinery and tools used in the warehouse and for projects.
- Manage volunteers and contractors helping in the warehouse.
- Follow and enforce safety guidelines in the warehouse and with volunteers at project sites.
- Drive and maintain the L.A. Works 18’ delivery van (wash, regular oil changes, etc.)
- Report to the Events Manager as part of the L.A. Works Corporate Team.
- Proactive, self-directed, and results-oriented personality with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful with a can-do attitude.
- Great event planning, organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.
- Knowledge of, or experience with the nonprofit sector.
- Dedication to L.A. Works mission and values.
- 1-3 years of warehouse or production experience with advanced knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge in basic carpentry, landscaping, tools and painting.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Software/Google Drive).
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a 26’ box truck.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as need, to include nights and weekends.
Reporting: This position reports to the Corporate Events Manager.
Time expectations and salary:
- This is a full-time position – 40 hours a week
- $15 per hour
- The percentage of hours devoted to specific responsibilities subject to corporate event timeline.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and L.A. Works may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to HR2@laworks.com.