During these difficult and uncertain times, we remain committed to meeting the needs of Los Angeles County residents. Volunteering is a critical component of the response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, especially for the most vulnerable among us. Los Angeles County remains under the “Safer at Home Order”, which requires residents to stay at home unless performing essential activities. The opportunities listed on this page represent some of the most urgent and essential areas in need of volunteers throughout the County.
Volunteering Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The safety and well-being of volunteers and the community are of the utmost importance. All precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 must be taken.
- If you are feeling ill, or if you have had a fever or other CVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours, please do not volunteer.
- If you believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please do not volunteer.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while volunteering.
- Wash your hands often and do it thoroughly.
- All volunteer opportunities should be organized to meet social distancing recommendations and minimize direct interactions with others.
Information regarding COVID-19, including guidance on social distancing and other precautions is available at:
Thank you for rising to the occasion under such unprecedented circumstances.
We are stronger together. Every person can make a difference, and every person should try.
John F. Kennedy