Become a Project Leader
L.A. Works offers you the chance to make a bigger impact by becoming a volunteer Project Leader. These leadership opportunities allow you to meet people, learn valuable job skills like management and planning, get an inside look at the nonprofit sector, and know you went above and beyond in making LA a better place.
What does a Project Leader do?
- Runs a recurring volunteer opportunity for a local non-profit (check out our Signature Projects to see some examples)
- Manages online volunteer posting
- Confirms volunteers via phone/email and answers any questions
- Plans/prepares volunteer event with non-profit
- Runs volunteer event every 2 or 4 weeks (the frequency varies depending on your opportunity)
- Inputs attendance
What are the requirements to be a Project Leader?
- Prior leadership experience is helpful but not required
- Commit to at least 6 months of service
- Attend an online L.A. Works Project Leader Training
- Complete a background check
How do I get started?
- Check out the leadership opportunities below
- Or let us know you're interested in leading by emailing Denise@laworks.com