L.A. Works volunteers are changemakers, giving their time and resources to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations across LA in order to uplift the entire community. As the largest and longest running volunteer action center in Los Angeles, we have a team of 20 staff that create meaningful volunteer experiences to educate and activate Angelenos to provide positive impact.
Our Operations Manager is the glue that enables all of this to happen by keeping our organization running at full capacity. We are seeking an organized self-starter who will manage the daily administrative and financial matters of L.A. Works with a high degree of independence. The Operations Manager has a broad portfolio including HR related needs, tech and office support, and general financial coordination and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
The list that follows is not intended to be comprehensive; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities of the position. Incumbents may not be required to perform all roles listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Manage IT infrastructure for smooth organizational operations by providing tech support and coordinating with IT specialist as needed;
- Oversee HR paperwork, compliance, and handbook;
- Collect, track, and process all accounting transactions;
- Coordinate office supply inventory and liaise with facilities management;
- Lead organization-wide Volunteer Associates program;
- Support all-staff professional development opportunities; and
- Participate in organization-wide volunteer events and support programs and projects as needed. Assist in planning and executing virtual, remote and in-person corporate volunteer events.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible management experience;
- Demonstrated Mac computer and program skills, including Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Salesforce (or equivalent) database management, and Google Drive;
- Valid driver's license and access to personal car for occasional travel throughout Los Angeles County;
- Some evening and weekend commitments;
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Director.
L.A. Works strives to model our vision of a just, vibrant, and inclusive Los Angeles. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Time expectations and salary: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hiring Salary of $45,000. L.A. Works offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, professional development opportunities, a non-match 401k, and generous time-off. The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and L.A. Works may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
To apply: If this sounds like the kind of job you’d look forward to, please submit a cover letter describing what you would bring to L.A. Works along with your resume in a single PDF document to HR1@laworks.com.