SUBMIT A FORMAL APPLICATION HERE: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
Quick Overview: Our Play Guide Volunteers are the heartbeat of the Zimmer! They assist our Play Guide staff with just about everything around the museum. From restoring exhibits, to playing with the little ones, Play Guide volunteers know how to throw a party!
Mission: As part of ShareWell, our mission is to culltivate brave and generous thinkers. Through the arts, immersive play, and real-world action, we strive to guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future!
Impact: As a volunteer, help us create and foster these thoughtful and creative spaces so that kids can learn more about themselves and the world! Fostering the heroes of tomorrow starts with you today!
Playguide Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides Museum Floor Support
- restoring exhibits
- encouraging play w/ families
- making sure all guests play safely
- May also assist in Public Programs when needed
- Will be administering surveys and promoting memberships on week days
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Comfortable standing for an extended period of time
- Welcoming and patient personality that is comfortable interacting with parents
- Has a professional and positive approach to volunteering
- Interest in and/or experience in child education and development highly encouraged
Age Restriction: Ages 16 and up
- at least one shift per month, minimum 3-month commitment
- SHIFT TIMES: 2-4 hour shifts Monday-Friday anytime from 11am - 5pm
- can be flexible and based on your schedule
Volunteer Application Process:
Once finished submitting an application, every volunteer must go through an orientation, interview, background check, and training!
Our application can be found here: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
For this volunteer position (once you are accepted) we may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance objects, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and/or lift/move objects up to 20 lbs. However accomodations can be made on an individual basis! Elevator acess is available.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: