SUBMIT A FORMAL APPLICATION HERE: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
Public Program Volunteers are the ones who run our free art activity or program of the day! Together with our PlayGuides, they help provide spaces for children to let their imagination roam free and be truly creative! If you love arts & crafts and enjoy fostering that same sense of joy and wonder in our young ones, this is the volunteer position for you! Plus we have different activities for each day of the week, so you can never get bored!
Mission: As part of ShareWell, our mission is to culltivate brave and generous thinkers. Through the arts, immersive play, and real-world action, we strive to guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future!
Impact: As a volunteer, help us create and foster these thoughtful and creative spaces so that kids can learn more about themselves and the world! Fostering the heroes of tomorrow starts with you today!
Playguide Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
Provides general support for public programs by:
- prepping materials
- sets-up classroom and organizes materials
- assists educators and staff during programs
- Helps clean-up classroom and supplies
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Welcoming and patient personality that is comfortable interacting with parents
- Has a professional and positive approach to volunteering
- Early Childhood experience preferred, but not required
- Desire to work with young children is essential
- At least two 2-3 hour shift per month, minimum 6-month commitment
- SHIFT TIMES: Mondays-Thursdays 10:30 - 12:30, 2-4; Sundays 1:30-3:30, 2-4
Age Restriction: Ages 18 and up
Volunteer Application Process:
Once finished submitting an application, every volunteer must go through an orientation, interview, background check, and training!
Our application can be found here: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
For this volunteer position (once you are accepted) we may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance objects, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and/or lift/move objects up to 20 lbs. However accomodations can be made on an individual basis! Elevator acess is available.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: