SUBMIT A FORMAL APPLICATION HERE: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
Education Program Prep Volunteers: These volunteers are our resident artists!! They help us create our collage assortments, think up of newfangled ways to paint, and build the frameworks to our recycled DIY cities. They are the foundation makers for the art projects that our families enjoy creating at the museum. If you love the pure joy that comes with crafting and helping others, then this easy-going volunteer position is for you! Every week we have different craft projects to prepare, so you'll never get bored!
Mission: As part of ShareWell, our mission is to culltivate brave and generous thinkers. Through the arts, immersive play, and real-world action, we strive to guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future!
Impact: As a volunteer, help us create and foster these thoughtful and creative spaces so that kids can learn more about themselves and the world! Fostering the heroes of tomorrow starts with you today!
Playguide Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Takes on various arts & crafts projects in preparation for classes, field trips, off-site programs
- Effectively communicates with program coordinator to get projects completed
- Organizes materials and supplies according to projects and staff’s needs
- Should be enthusiastic about arts/crafts!
- Previous art experience desired, but not necessary
- Must be able to assemble multi-step projects and cut out intricate shapes; strong motor skills necessary
- Has a professional and positive approach to volunteering
Age Restriction: Ages 16 and up
- Minimum bi-weekly (every other week) shifts, minimum 3 month commitment
- SHIFT TIMES: Wed or Thurs 1 - 4:00pm
Volunteer Application Process:
Once finished submitting an application, every volunteer must go through an orientation, interview, background check, and training!
Our application can be found here: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
For this volunteer position (once you are accepted) we may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance objects, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and/or lift/move objects up to 20 lbs. However accomodations can be made on an individual basis! Elevator acess is available.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: