SUBMIT A FORMAL APPLICATION HERE: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
Education Program Assistant Volunteers: If educators are the brains of our classrooms, then our education program assistants are the sensory receptor neurons that keep us attentive and responsive! As an assistant in our classes you will be developing classroom management skills as you look out for the needs of our students and support our resident educator. If you are looking to get direct child development and education experience, this is the volunteer position for you!
Mission: As part of ShareWell, our mission is to culltivate brave and generous thinkers. Through the arts, immersive play, and real-world action, we strive to guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future!
Impact: As a volunteer, help us create and foster these thoughtful and creative spaces so that kids can learn more about themselves and the world! Fostering the heroes of tomorrow starts with you today!
Playguide Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helps prep the hour before class:
- Sets-up Classroom with tables, mats, art utensils, etc.
- Gathers Materials for scheduled activities
- Actively supports educator during class by assisting participants with activity if they need help and uses classroom management skills to make sure participants are following rules
- Flips classroom for next class session
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Welcoming and patient personality that is comfortable interacting with parents
- Has a professional and positive approach to volunteering
- Desire to work with young children, ages 0-8, is essential
- Early Childhood experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to transport to and from location
Age Restriction: Ages 18 and up
- Time Commitment: Minimum 1 day per week, 6 week commitment / full session, no exceptions
- SHIFT TIMES: dependent on session schedule
- FALL 2018 Nov 5. – Dec. 12
- Mondays 9:00am – 11:30am
- Tuesdays 9:00am – 12:30pm
- FALL 2018 Nov 5. – Dec. 12
Volunteer Application Process:
Once finished submitting an application, every volunteer must go through an orientation, interview, background check, and training!
Our application can be found here: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
For this volunteer position (once you are accepted) we may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance objects, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and/or lift/move objects up to 20 lbs. However accomodations can be made on an individual basis! Elevator acess is available.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: