SUBMIT A FORMAL APPLICATION HERE: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
Visitor Services Volunteers assist the Front Desk and Visitor Services staff to make sure that all of our guests and families are up-to-date with all of the super fun stuff going on at the Zimmer! From greeting families as they enter the museum, to providing information about classes and programs, Team Visitor Services volunteers are an outgoing bunch!
Mission: As part of ShareWell, our mission is to culltivate brave and generous thinkers. Through the arts, immersive play, and real-world action, we strive to guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future!
Impact: As a volunteer, help us create and foster these thoughtful and creative spaces so that kids can learn more about themselves and the world! Fostering the heroes of tomorrow starts with you today!
Playguide Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides information to visitors regarding public programs and membership
- Welcomes all guests
- Provides additional front desk phone support as needed
- Escorts guests to the downstairs level of museum as needed
- Assists with survey distribution and collection
- Makes sure that front desk area and upstairs lobby are cleanly and organized
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Comfortable interacting with diverse groups of people
- Outgoing, welcoming, and patient personality!
- Has a professional and positive approach to volunteering
Age Restriction: Ages 17 and up
- at least one 2 hour shift per month, minimum 6-month commitment
- SHIFT TIMES: Tuesdays 10-12, 12-2; Fridays 10-12, 12-2
Volunteer Application Process:
Once finished submitting an application, every volunteer must go through an orientation, interview, background check, and training!
Our application can be found here: http://zimmer.sharewell.org/volunteer/
For this volunteer position (once you are accepted) we may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance objects, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and/or lift/move objects up to 20 lbs. However accomodations can be made on an individual basis! Elevator acess is available.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education