Quick Overview: We are seeking a videographer and editor to help us create two professional videos approximately 2 minutes long that illustrate the day-to-day realities of caring for the elderly and disabled.
Organization Name and Website: California Long-term Care Education Center’s (CLTCEC’s) https://cltcec.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Hi. I’m Alisa Rivera, the California Long-term Care Education Center’s (CLTCEC’s) new Communications Manager. We provide training to the state-funded home care providers who play a critical role in the lives of thousands of aging and disabled Californians who are some of the most vulnerable people in our society. Imagine having a job where you’re paid minimum wage yet hold people’s lives in your hands. Imagine dealing with body fluids, poo, bed sores, and getting an adult in and out of the bathtub—all before breakfast. Also, imagine that your job makes you laugh and cry—and sometimes breaks your heart. That’s an everyday reality for millions of caregivers. We want to share that reality with the world--we just need the help of a videographer like you who can work with us in Los Angeles County. With the recent hire of a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and committed communications manager (that’s how my boss describes me), we are in the process of creating a comprehensive communications strategy for our organization. We recently launched a new website, are evaluating potential social media campaigns, and need more current content, including video content that emotionally engages stakeholders and clients in our work.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Videographer shall help us with the creation of a video showing the following:
- A caregiver-focused video that will be used to recruit caregivers to enroll in our education programs.
- A funder and policy stakeholder-focused video that will be used to illustrate the importance and impact of our work and support our efforts to secure funding from stakeholders.
I’ll be your primary contact. I have experience with conceptualizing video and with light video editing and can work with you to draft a script and interview participants.
- Guiding creation of the story-board and script with our Communications Manager
- Assisting with evaluating and refining our list candidates to star in the videos
- Shoot the videos on-site at locations in L.A. County, collaborating with the Communications Manager or director.
- Work with the Communications Manager to edit the video and sound to produce the final videos.
Requirements: Experience creating videos from storyboarding to shooting to final editing · Cultural sensitivity to people from different backgrounds and social-economic levels · Joy in working as a team. Time commitment of 5-8 hours per week for 6 weeks, including writing a script, recording interviews with caregivers in their homes, and editing video - all in L.A. County (our offices is in Rampart near Koreatown).
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Adult Education
- Population Served: People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: