LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF AGING (LADOA) The City of Los Angeles is home to one of the largest senior populations in the United States. The Los Angeles Department of Aging (LADOA) provides community based services to the City’s aging population that includes nutrition, transportation, legal assistance, and Project CARE.
PROJECT CARE (Caring Actions Responding to Elders) Since 2006, LADOA in partnership with City employees, the Los Angeles Foundation on Aging, and the Los Angeles Police Department Detective Bureau collaborate to provide low-income older adults a holiday gift bag during the winter holidays. All other adults enrolled in various senior center programs are eligible to be part of Project CARE. Annually, we prioritize those who are homebound, disabled, and isolated.
Project CARE has grown and evolved throughout the years, but some things remain constant. It is a program that relies on your generosity and collectively validates that we care about older adults.
WHAT: Help us sort & wrap holiday gift donations
- Monday, Dec. 3rd - Thursday, Dec. 6th - drop in any time from from 8am-5pm
- Friday, Dec. 7th - drop in any time from from 8am-4pm
WHERE: Central LA, address to be given once you register below.
WHY: Spread holiday cheer to homebound seniors
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Easy
REQUIREMENTS: Must be 15 years or older
ACCESSABILITY: Parking is $8 CASH ONLY & will be reimbursed with a valid ticket stub
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Senior Services
- Population Served: Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Military/Veterans
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: