Quick Overview:Urban Voices Project need help with best financial practices for the nonprofit business model and assistant in organizing their records, so they can continue to make an impact on the ever-growing population experiencing homelessness in DTLA.
Organization Name and Website: Urban Voices Project, http://urbanvoicesproject.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Urban Voices Project is a community outreach and engagement initiative that brings the healing power of music directly to individuals disenfranchised by homelessness, mental health issues, and unemployment. Community singing and music education combine to provide practical opportunities for individuals to transcend their current circumstances and participate in a creative program of positive change throughout LA County.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Do you a background in accounting? Have you held a financial officer position for a nonprofit (or business)? Urban Voices Project is an emerging LA-based nonprofit operating in DTLA. Volunteers will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess current financial recording keeping system/ practices
- Lead development of a process for updating those systems
- Implement and lead staff on nonprofit fiduciary best practices
- Work with bookkeeper to coordinate an organizational financial plan
- Prepare tax returns
- Accounting background
- Experience in the non-profit world is ideal
- Abel to relay information and train paid staff on best practices
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: