Food Forward’s mission is to reconnect the community with the abundance of food present in our everyday lives, while creating change around issues of urban hunger, food waste and food justice. We engage volunteers to harvest locally grown food from private homes and public spaces which is then distributed to local food pantries and organizations serving those in need.
Time Commitment: Volunteers are asked to commit to the entire shift of any given Saturday they commit to.
*This project is created, organized and managed by our nonprofit partner. Once you click on EXPRESS INTEREST below a staff person from that organization will contact you to follow up.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, Other
- Activity Type: Cleaning,Food Preparation & Meal Services
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:16+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: