Visit with an older adult via phone!
Become a phone visitor for an older adult in Los Angeles County! We are currently in need of volunteers for Beverly Hills participants and Spanish or Persian-speaking volunteers. New volunteer trainings held often via web conference. Great opportunity to volunteer from home. Make a new connection! We all receive the health benefits and joy from connecting with others - this is true of volunteers and older adult participants. We emphasize thoughtful matches based on interests or hobbies and conversations where both parties are giving and receiving.
As a visitor for Social Call, a Covia Community Service, you will:
- Receive training in interpersonal skills and creative aging concepts.
- Be matched with an older adult to whom you will provide friendly companionship.
- Submit very brief monthly reports.
- Try the program for at least 6-months
- Visit your match by phone 30 minutes/week.
Qualifications: pass an online background check; availability for a 1.5 hr training (ONLINE, so easily accessible!), compassionate, good conversational skills.
For more information, please contact: Karen Miller at email@example.com.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Senior Services
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: