Visit an older adult by phone!
Visit with an older adult via phone!
Become a phone visitor for an older adult! New volunteer trainings held often via web conference. Great opportunity to volunteer from home (no traffic!). We all receive the health benefits and joy from connecting with others - this is true of volunteers and older adult participants. We emphasize thoughtful matches based on interests or hobbies and conversations where both parties are giving and receiving.
As a visitor for Social Call, a Covia Community Service, you will:
- Receive training in interpersonal skills and creative aging concepts.
- Be matched with an older adult to whom you will provide friendly companionship.
- Submit very brief monthly reports.
- Try the program for at least 6-months
- Visit your match by phone 30 minutes/week.
Qualifications: pass an online background check; availability for a 1.5 hr training (online), compassionate, good conversational skills.
For more information, please contact: Karen Miller at email@example.com.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: