Step up your volunteer game by becoming the Project Leader for KEEN's "GET ACTIVE: Swim "Coach" for Special Needs Youth" volunteer opportunity.
About KEEN LA:
KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now) is a nonprofit organization that provides one-to-one recreational opportunities for children and young adults with developmental and physical disabilities. KEEN L.A.’s mission is to foster the self-esteem, confidence, skills and talents of its athletes through non-competitive activities.
The event you'd manage:
At KEEN's "GET ACTIVE: Swim "Coach" for Special Needs Youth," volunteers get in the pool and play with KEEN athletes between the ages of 5 and 21. It might be kicking, blowing bubbles, or playing with pool toys - each activity is tailored to each athlete's needs and designed to promote their sense of accomplishment.
The event occurs 5/18, 6/8, 6/22, 7/6, 7/20, 8/3, 8/17, 8/31, 9/7, and 9/21 from 10am - 12:30 in East LA.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Prior experience swimming or working with disabled individuals is NOT required - but patience and kindness is.
- Leaders must commit to all the dates. (Some of our leaders stick around for 15+ years!)
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear any background checks required by KEEN L.A.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at events
- Manage all communication between volunteers, KEEN L.A., and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation
- Population Served: People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: