Step up your volunteer game by becoming the Project Leader for KEEN's "GET ACTIVE: Sports 'Coach' for Special-Needs Youth."
About KEEN LA:
KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now) is a nonprofit organization that provides one-to-one recreational opportunities for children and young adults with developmental and physical disabilities. KEEN L.A.’s mission is to foster the self-esteem, confidence, skills and talents of its athletes through non-competitive activities.
The event you'd manage:
At "GET ACTIVE: Sports 'Coach' for Special-Needs Youth," volunteers play soccer, gymnastics, basketball, frisbee, zumba, yoga, track and field, and more with KEEN athletes between the ages of 5 and 21. Volunteers get matched with KEEN athletes and play various recreational activities that are tailored to each athlete's needs and designed to promote the athlete's sense of accomplishment.
The event occurs 2-3 Saturdays a month from 10am - 12:30 in Historic FilipinoTown.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Prior experience playing sports or working with disabled individuals is NOT required - but patience and kindness is.
- Leaders must commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months. (Some of our leaders stick around for 15+ years!)
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear any background checks required by KEEN L.A.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at events
- Manage all communication between volunteers, KEEN L.A., and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation
- Population Served: People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: