Quick Overview: Support this valuable organization and its programs as a grant/funding researcher.
Organization Name and Website: Community Veterans Justice Project
Mission or Broader Program Description: The Community Veteran Justice Project (CVJP) is dedicated to ensuring current and former military service members receive the information, support, and services they need to use California's Veteran Statutes to improve their lives. CVJP provides specific services, policy advocacy, and community education to assist justice-involved service members/veterans with obtaining alternative sentencing for some felonies, and diversion for misdemeanor cases. This can result in treatment rather than incarceration, some cases being dismissed, and records being sealed.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds (work with ED, edit documents)
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus.
The time commitment is flexible, minimum 2+ hours each week until the completion of the project, remote volunteer role, volunteers need to be mindful of deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Justice & Legal Services
- Population Served: Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: