The Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy is recruiting Trail Program interns to work throughout the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve. This is an unpaid postion. Trail Interns will work under the direction of the Stewardship Manager and Field Operations Specialist to assist with a variety of trail repair and trail maintenance projects. Work will be conducted on the nature preserves and work sites will vary daily. Tasks include data collection, trail engineering, and adaptive management of our 40 miles of trails to promote responsible recreation and patron safety.
Time Commitment: 3 months, at least 6 hours a week. Start anytime. Open until filled.
• Must be at least 18 years old
* Any volunteer under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
• Experience with horticulture, gardening, or native plants is a plus
• Ability to work outdoors all day, lift 40 pounds, and work in a team and individually
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: