Embrace your inner teacher for the day as you impact future leaders by teaching lessons about careers, money and budgeting, and entrepreneurship through games and group activities. Join Junior Achievement as we bring our hands-on curriculum to over 600 elementary school students for ONE SCHOOL DAY!
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Time of Day: 8am -1pm
Commitment Length: 5 Hours + prep time
- You will be trained and given teaching material 1-2 weeks prior to the event
- You will be assigned a classroom and may volunteer with a partner
- The teacher will be in the classroom with you for the entire day, so no prior classroom experience is necessary.
About Junior Achievement of Southern California
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating students about financial literacy, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurship. We offer curriculum for grades K – 12, which aligns with Common Core Standards for Math, English and Language Arts. JA curriculum is delivered by volunteers or parents. JA volunteers are not only trained and prepared to teach the JA curriculum to students, but they are also encouraged to share their life and work experience with the students to bring the curriculum to life. Every year, we prepare and inspire over 75,000 students to succeed in the global economy
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: