Overview of Day: L.A. Works Day is a powerful day of action and advocacy. This year, L.A. Works Day 2018 takes place on Saturday, August 11th in Clover Park. At our second annual Pop-Up service event, hundreds of community and corporate volunteers will join together to learn about and address the critical issues affecting homeless families and youth. Volunteers will leave this festive event inspired by what they have created for their homeless neighbors and empowered with the tools to speak with elected officials and attend their neighborhood council meetings to voice approval for housing.
Event Crew Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:Event Crew volunteers are essential to making sure the day runs smoothly and we rely heavily on your help! Event crew will be split up into the following groups:
- Loading & Set up Group
- General Event Operations Group
- Entertainment & A/V Group
- Registration & Information Group
- Advocacy Group
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- Prior community service experience preferred
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time.
- Attend an orientation before the day of service
- Gain event organizing experience
- Cultivate leadership skills
- L.A. Works can provide proof of service hours
- Lunch is provided
Optional Pre-Event Duties Week of Event: Times are flexible and can be based on your schedule. These duties will take place at the L.A. Works Headquarters in Cypress Park.
- Gathering event materials in the office
- Ordering/making signs
Training: An in-person or online training is mandatory before the day of the event.
We have three days available for training: (1) Thursday, Aug 2nd 4:30 PM-5:30PM (2) Friday, Aug 3rd 5:30-6:30PM (3) Saturday, Aug 4th 11:00AM-12:00PM. (online/call in options available for those who cannot make it to our office)
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below. If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN-UP button.
L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at email@example.com
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: