Host a Backpack Drive for Children Experiencing Homelessness
L.A. Works Day Backpack Drive Hosts are needed to collect supplies for our annual L.A. Works Day of Service.
Event Description: For this year’s L.A. Works Day, we will be leaving a lasting impact on the lives of many homeless children in Los Angeles by assembling backpack kits with school supplies included.
Volunteers are needed to hold drives in their community to make the difference in the lives of children and start the school year off with the supplies they need to succeed.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: Volunteer will be responsible for completing the following tasks;
- Application - Applicants will need to apply (by clicking the button below to "Express Interest") to be an L.A. Works Backpack Drive Host no later than June 28th.
- Get the word out! - Let your team know when and how to participate, it’s the first step to a successful drive by distributing flyers, sending emails, and presenting the idea to your team during meetings and general correspondence.
- Set up a Drop-Off point - Create an easily identifiable place where participants can drop off the supplies they have collected.
- Deadline Reminders - You will also want to give updates to your team to show who the top performers are, and how close you are to meeting your goal.
- Collect and Drop - After collecting your supplies, you will need to drop off the materials no later than August 1st. Requested supplies include notebooks, pencils, glue sticks and crayons just to name a few.
Requirements: Volunteers must commit to the project by June 28th.
Time Commitment: Flexible, will need to manage schedule timeline for donation collection, correspondence, and deliveries of donations.
Benefits: Volunteers will play a pivotal role in fostering a positive learning experience for a child going through difficult circumstances, with your help we can support them in their journey towards building solid foundations for life.
Donations over $250: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reciept to itimize your tax-deductible donation.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: