Project Description: Plogging is a fitness craze from Sweden that is quickly gaining popularity in the US. The term combines the word “jogging” with the Swedish term “plocka upp”, which means to pick up.
Our event was on the local and national news!
We will be plogging (running and picking up trash) along a 5-mile stretch along Griffin Ave the Arroyo Seco and in Debs Park.
The run will start and end in Audubon Center courtyard. The specific route with distances of up to 5 miles in length along Griffin Ave through the North Gate entrance will be provided at the start of the run. Trash drop off points will be at all trail intersections and at the Audubon center.
Schedule: Check in and kick off 7:30am-8am The main clean up will take place 8am-11am. 11am-Noon drop off bags and eat snacks
Dress Code: Running or walking clothes and shoes.
Please bring: A refillable water bottle, snacking utensils, any preferred gloves, and any reusable, plastic grocery bags.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
- Population Served: Animals, Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Other, Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders, Visitors & Travelers, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: