Quick Overview: The activity and center volunteer works within CDI Early Learning Center (ELC) in all capacities as needed.
Organization Name and Website: Child Development Institute, http://www.cdikids.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Since 1995, the Child Development Institute has been a principal provider of early childhood development and intervention services in the San Fernando Valley, providing over 60,000 hours of comprehensive, integrated training programs for multiple disciplines including speech, occupational therapy, mental health, special education, and early child development. The mission of Child Development Institute is to help children reach their full potential by supporting the relationships and environments that shape early development.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: The administrative volunteer supports various departments within CDI Early Learning Center (ELC). The administrative volunteer is responsible for helping with daily clerical and office duties. The administrative volunteer must be comfortable using a computer and the Internet. This person will work along staff to contribute to the overall administrative upkeep of the ELC.
- Data Entry
- Organizing and managing the front desk
- Organizing paper and electronic files
- Create flyers, calendars, etc.
- Internet Research
- Other organizational duties as required
- Good communication and writing skills
- Exudes an outgoing and pleasant attitude
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Reliable "team player"
- Confident self-starter
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel
- College degree or equivalent preferred but not required
Time commitment is a minimum of 6 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Be an active contributor to the first Early Learning Center in Canoga Park
- Volunteers must be comfortable with using a computer and internet to accomplish clerical work. Volunteers must complete an ELC orientation training and receive a TB and background clearance if applicable.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: