Since 1995, the Child Development Institute has been a principal provider of early childhood development and intervention services in the San Fernando Valley, providing over 60,000 hours of comprehensive, integrated training programs for multiple disciplines including speech, occupational therapy, mental health, special education, and early child development. The mission of Child Development Institute is to help children reach their full potential by supporting the relationships and environments that shape early development.
Project Description: The activity and center volunteer works within CDI Early Learning Center (ELC) in all capacities as needed. He/she is responsible for the overall assistance of the floor with various tasks as needed. This includes but is not limited to, welcoming all visitors to the center, giving tours and making sure all children and parents get their needs met, setting up/taking down activities, stocking and returning exhibit materials to their proper place and making sure discovery zones are clean and sanitary. Volunteers will need to be comfortable taking direction and at times work unassisted. This person will work alongside the other volunteers and staff in contributing to the overall operations of the ELC.
- Welcome all visitors to the center
- Must be able to give out information about the center and give tours
- Make sure all children stay within their parents/caregivers care
- Make sure the ELC safety precautions are followed
- Help stock materials in discovery zones - set up/clean up, as needed
- Must be organized
- Exude an outgoing and pleasant attitude
- Reliable “team player”
- Confident self-starter
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of CDI ELC mission
- Obtain Professional Growth Hours or Volunteer Service Hours
- Develop professional and creative talents through training from Early Childhood Specialists
- Use professional skills to aid children within the community
- Be an active contributor to the first Early Learning Center in Canoga Park
Time Commitment: Minimum of 6 hours per week for at least 3 months.
Additional Requirements: Mandatory ELC Orientation Training, TB Clearance, and DOJ Clearance, if applicable.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: