Quick Overview: The activity and center volunteer works within CDI Early Learning Center (ELC) in all capacities as needed.
Organization Name and Website: Child Development Institute, http://www.cdikids.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Since 1995, the Child Development Institute has been a principal provider of early childhood development and intervention services in the San Fernando Valley, providing over 60,000 hours of comprehensive, integrated training programs for multiple disciplines including speech, occupational therapy, mental health, special education, and early child development. The mission of Child Development Institute is to help children reach their full potential by supporting the relationships and environments that shape early development.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: He/she is responsible for the overall assistance of the floor with various tasks as needed. This includes but is not limited to, welcoming all visitors to the center, giving tours and making sure all children and parents get their needs met, setting up/taking down activities, stocking and returning exhibit materials to their proper place and making sure discovery zones are clean and sanitary. Volunteers will need to be comfortable taking direction and at times work unassisted. This person will work alongside the other volunteers and staff in contributing to the overall operations of the ELC.
- Must be organized
- Exude an outgoing and pleasant attitude
- Reliable "team player"
- Confident self-starter
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of CDI ELC mission
- Mandatory ELC Orientation Training, TB Clearance, and DOJ Clearance, if applicable.
Time commitment of a minimum of 6 hours per week for at least 3 months.
- Obtain Professional Growth Hours or Volunteer Service Hours.
- Develop professional and creative talents through training from Early Childhood Specialists
- Use professional skills to aid children within the community
- Be an active contributor to the first Early Learning Center in Canoga Park
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: