City Ballet of Los Angeles has a mission is to provide Los Angeles with its own ballet company unique and represenetive of this multicultural community. Presenting work that is a mixture of classical and contemporary dance theater, examining untraditional themes and blending music from all over the world. In keeping with the tradition of classical dance, City Ballet of Los Angeles is preserving the standards of excellence in its presentation of the art of dance.
Description: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an eye for identifying fundraising opportunities then consider a volunteer opportunity as a grant researcher. We are looking for experienced grant writers/fundraisers/netwrkers who can research and identify funding for City Ballet of Los Angeles. The pro bono grant researcher we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.Requirements: Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project. Volunteers will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
Time Commitment: Flexible, hours to be determined each week until the completion of the project, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
- Organization Name: City Ballet of Los Angeles
- Organization Url: http://www.cityballetofla.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: