Quick Overview: Provide high quality service to our guests during our outdoor event.
Organization Mission: The mission of Venice Community Housing is to reduce homelessness, maximize affordable housing, empower low-income constituents, provide social services, and advocate for public policy that protects and strengthens the economic, racial and cultural diversity of Venice and other neighborhoods on the Westside of Los Angeles.
Impact: Volunteer efforts would help support our annual fundraiser. This will be our 26th anniversary of the event. All funds raised from this event support the development of housing for low-income individuals and families, and the development of housing for chronically homeless individuals and families. Funds will also support our after-school programs, our education and job training program for transitional-aged youth, and our case management services for all of our residents and those still experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests at tables and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Serve and replenish drinks
- Remove dishes as guests finish their meals
- Serve dessert
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience waiting tables preferred
- Reliable, responsible, and polite
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ages 14+ ; must be 21+ to be a champagne server
Additional Details: Additional information is available from our website - http://www.vchcorp.org/jazz/jazz-volunteer/
Dress Code: Please wear black bottoms (pants/shorts/skirts) and a white t-shirt or shirt.
All volunteers will receive a t-shirt, lanyard and lunch
Accessibility: Event is on flat service and we have an accessible restroom.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: