Quick Overview: Mentor high school students as they launch their own business!
Mission: As a volunteer with Junior Achievement of Southern California, you will go to your assigned high school for one hour each week and coach students through the creation, marketing, and production and sale of product or service. We provide the curriculum and you bring the real-world experience.
Impact: This 15 week commitment is perfect for a volunteer who understands the process of turning an idea into a business and is passionate about students achieving the same! At the end of the in-class coaching students will have the chance to compete in our annual Junior Achievement Student Competition where they will present their business pitch to professional judges and showcase their product or service.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities:
Deliver weekly lessons on business aspects using JA curriculum
Share their personal and professional experiences to further ignite students’ entrepreneurial spirit
Serve as a consultant who gives mentoring and leadership advice but allow students to steer their direction
- Attend a JA Company Program orientation
- Actively use the online learning platform
- Coordinate schedules with the JA Company Program educator to ensure the program is completed and students receive the entirety of the curriculum
- Maintain communication with the JA Company Program educator and JA So Cal staff
We need volunteers for the following areas, Monday-Friday times vary:
- Boyle Heights
- Eagle Rock
- El Sereno
- Harbor City
- North Hills (San Fernando Valley)
- North Hills
- Westlake Village
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: