What: Lead group of volunteers in service for L.A. Works Day 2018
Overview of Day: L.A. Works Day is a powerful day of action and advocacy. At our second annual Pop-Up service event, hundreds of community and corporate volunteers will join together to learn about and address the critical issues affecting homeless families and youth. Volunteers will leave this festive event inspired by what they have created for their homeless neighbors and empowered with the tools to speak with elected officials and attend their neighborhood council meetings to voice approval for housing.
Project Leader Role: Project Leaders are the heart of our programming and contribute to the successes of our volunteer projects out in the community. All of our project leaders are volunteers who are thoroughly trained and provided with tools and resources to become confident and effective community leaders. Leaders learn best practices, responsibilties and requirements for assuming leadership positions, managing volunteers and representing L.A. Works.
Project Leader Roles & Responsibilities: Manage a team of volunteers at the project site on the day of service to ensure projects get completed and the volunteers have a rewarding experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- Prior community service experience preferred
- Project Leaders should be comfortable in a supervisorial role and be able to delegate and keep the project running smoothly
- Training (either in person or online) required
- Be part of putting together Los Angeles' first ever pop-up service event!
- Gain event organizing experience
- Cultivate leadership skills
- L.A. Works can provide proof of service hours
- Lunch is provided
Questions? Email email@example.com
If you're interested in being a Project Leader for the day, click on the SIGN UP button below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: