Agency Description: Our mission is to help promising, yet educationally underserved and economically disadvantaged students reach high school graduation and have access to higher education through programs that also contribute to systemic change.
Program Description: The Fulfillment Fund's Group Mentoring Program will place 8-10 middle school students in a classroom setting with 1-2 caring adult volunteer mentors. Through supportive and consistent mentoring relationships, students are motivated and inspired to reach their fullest potential. The curriculum is focused on the social and emotional development of the students while learning about college access information.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
- A Fulfillment Fund mentor is a trusted guide, an encouraging, positive force in a student's life. Our mentors commit to being part of the program for one year, with the intention of continuing through middle school graduation.
- Mentors will meet with their students in a group setting once a week on Wednesday's from 3:30pm-4:45pm. Mentors will then meet with the Mentor Program Advisor for a 15 minute debrief about how the day went and to answer any questions you might have.
- All curriculum and materials are provided by the Fulfillment Fund. All we ask is that you show up and have a fun time with the students.
Time Commitment: Wednesday from 3:30pm-5pm.
- Mentors in our program will receive ongoing training opportunities and support from full-time Mentor Program Advisors (MPAs) that help facilitate the mentoring relationship.
- Mentors will be interviewed, screened, trained, and complete a livescan before the start of the program.
Benefits: The opportunity to be a positive influence and role model in a young person's life. Greater connectedness to the community and the feeling of "giving back." The ability to help guide a student on the path to college and success.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This project is created, organized and managed by our nonprofit partner. Once you click on EXPRESS INTEREST below a staff person from that organization will contact you to follow up.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: