Mentor with the Fulfillment Fund
Agency Description: Our mission is to help promising, yet educationally underserved and economically disadvantaged students reach high school graduation and have access to higher education through programs that also contribute to systemic change.
Program Description: The Fulfillment Fund's Mentor Program matches traditionally under-served middle and high school students with caring adult volunteer mentors. Through supportive and consistent mentoring relationships, students are motivated and inspired to reach their fullest potential.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
- A Fulfillment Fund mentor is a trusted guide, an encouraging, positive force in a student's life. Our mentors commit to their student for a minimum of two years, with the intention of continuing the mentoring relationship through their student's high school graduation.
- Mentors meet with their student at least once a month and check in weekly via phone or text at their convenience.
- Monthly outings are decided by the mentor-student team based on their unique interests.
Time Commitment: 4 hours/month, flexible days
- Mentors in our program will receive ongoing training opportunities and support from full-time Mentor Program Advisors (MPAs) that help facilitate the mentoring relationship.
- Mentors are asked to pick up their students and return them home after outings. Most Fulfillment Fund students live close to Downtown and South Los Angeles.
- Mentors must be at least 24 years of age and have a vehicle along with automobile insurance.
Benefits: The opportunity to be a positive influence and role model in a young person's life. Greater connectedness to the community and the feeling of "giving back." The ability to help guide a student on the path to college and success.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This project is created, organized and managed by our nonprofit partner. Once you click on EXPRESS INTEREST below a staff person from that organization will contact you to follow up.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: