Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
⚙ GOT RHYTHM: Dance the Night Away
WHAT: Show your moves on the dance floor with special needs children & adults.
ABOUT BCR: BCR is a nonprofit organization that offers day programs for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Its mission is to enable its participants to develop their abilities so they may become independent and contributing members of the community. https://bcraplacetogrow.org/
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: L.A. Works volunteers come in good spirits and ready to get out on the dance floor with participants from BCR. Volunteers also assist with set-up and serving drinks and food.
Volunteers are encouraged to dress according to the date's theme:
November: Harvest Moon
December: Winter Wonderland
January: Western Round-Up
February: Sweetheart (our volunteers also provide Valentine's-themed snacks this night)
March: St. Patrick's Day
April: Spring Swing
May: Rockin Nifty 50's
June: Grand Finale Gala
IMPACT: Founded in 1963, BCR ''a place to grow'' is the only program in Burbank that supports both children and adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities. BCR serves individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, epilepsy, brain disorders, cognitive disorders and other disabilities.
REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers for this project must:
- be at least 16 years of age.
- be comfortable socializing and dancing with special needs populations
- bring an outgoing attitude and be ready to have a ton of fun!
- Volunteers aged 16 - 17 must bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors.
- A 2:1 minor:adult supervision ratio is required (for every 2 minors, 1 adult must supervise.) We also ask that this adult lead by example and participate as well, rather than sitting off on the side.
ACCESSIBILITY: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click on the green SIGN UP button below.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for BCR and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: