Quick Overview: The decision to donate blood to help others is an act of generosity. Every day, hospital patients need blood in order to live or improve their quality of life.
American Red Cross Transportation Specialists are a critical link between blood donor and recipient. Your duty as a Transportation Specialist (TS) is to transport blood and blood products to hospitals throughout the region in a safe and timely manner. Your commitment is of two shifts. Each shift is 4 hours long, and includes weekend options. An American Red Cross vehicle is provided to you for the duration of your shift
Mission or Broader Program Description: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Volunteers will distribute blood & blood components to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries.
- Pick up and return boxes as needed.
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures.
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner and provide strong customer service at all times
Requirements: Volunteers must have a valid driver's license, and 3 years of driving experience to apply. A background check will also be part of the registration process, and is free to the volunteer. Each volunteer must commit to two 4-hour shifts per month on the day(s) of their choice. Volunteers must also be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional Details: Volunteers will be picking up the blood and blood components to be delievered from Pomona California as well as a Red Cross vehicle for use during their shift.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Disaster & Emergency Services
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: