Quick Overview: JA Subject Matter volunteers will step into the classroom at Synergy Quantum Academy High School to enspire our JA Company Program students with their expertise in one of the following business areas: marketing (2/13/19), sales (2/20/19), supply chain (2/27/19), finance (3/6/19), liquidation (3/13/19).
*Subjects are date specific as they coincide with the in-class lesson. Class meets Wednesdays 11:40 - 1:20 pm
Mission or Broader Program Description: Through JA Company Program, students will start their own business and learn to be entrepreneurs over the course of 13 weeks. Using our JA Curriculum, students will develop a product or service. At the end of the program, students have the chance to compete and present their business ideas to an impressive panel of judges and experts.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Commit one day for one hour to help these young entrepreneurs make connections between real life and the classroom!
1. Give an introduction, career background, and job experiences.
2. Talk about his or her specific experiences related to the topic at hand.
3. Develop questions that will engage students in conversation about the subject.
Impact: With integrated learning models, JASoCal empowers the next generation with the skills, knowledge, capacity and motivation to overcome financial instability and build a better future for themselves and their community.
- 67% of the students said the volunteer inspired them to learn more about entrepreneurship.
- 85% of the students stated that this program taught them things about entrepreneurship that they didn't know.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education, Adult Education
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: