You don't just want to make a change, you want to lead the change.
You're a mover. A shaker. A better-world maker.
And you'd make a great Project Leader.
WHAT IS A PROJECT LEADER: A Project Leader leads other volunteers in an ongoing, recurring volunteer opportunity at a local nonprofit. From dogwalking to treeplanting to babysitting to underwater basketweaving - ok maybe not that last one - Project Leaders organize all sorts of activities.
TIME COMMITMENT: Varies depending on the project you lead. Typically projects occur weekly, biweekly, or monthly and last from 1 - 4 hours. Please also allow for additional time to answer emails, make any needed calls, etc.
LOCATION: Varies depending on the project. We have projects all over LA County.
WHAT ARE THESE PROJECTS YOU SPEAK OF? Check 'em out at the bottom of the Lead-A-Project Page.
WHY SHOULD I BE A PROJECT LEADER? Let's ask our current Project Leaders:
- "Before this experience, I had never truly understood the homeless crisis. My favorite thing about leading this project is learning more about issue."
- "Getting to meet so many likeminded people who are passionate about helping their community."
- "It was adorable when kids made crafts specifically for me. I had one moment where a kid drew me and said 'Mom, she has freckles too!' His mom told me he was self conscious about his freckles. I told him he should love them, they make you special!"
- "Initially I wanted resume building material, but then the residents became my long-term friends."
- Prior leadership experience helpful but not required
- Commit to leading your project for at least 8 months
- Pass a background check
- Complete the L.A. Works Training Process
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below and L.A. Works will reach out to you for an interview.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
- Activity Type: Building/Construction,Cleaning,Food Preparation & Meal Services,Fundraising & Campaigning,Gardening/Planting,Painting,Tutoring,Administrative Support/Clerical,Caring for Animals,Caring for People,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging,Consulting & Professional Services,Disaster Services,Event Organizing,Hotline/Information Center Support,Mentoring/Youth Development,Public Relations/Marketing,Sports & Recreation
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: