Purpose: Help support the Boys & Girls Clubhouses of Metro Los Angeles in the eight-week Mamba League season.
Commitment: 2 days per week (1 practice day and 1 game day), February 25-April 13
Sites: Bell Gardens, Nickerson Gardens, or Jordan Downs Clubhouse
Summary: Volunteer with members ages 8-10 to engage them in the game of basketball. As a volunteer coach, you commit weekly to one day of practice and one game day. All coaches focus and on providing a fun and fundamental learning experience for participating club members. Activities may include planning and directing basketball exercises, communicating with staff and members, and setting up and collecting equipment.
- Regular attendance, dependability and punctuality.
- Support coaches in delivering age-appropriate basketball exercises to club members.
- Distribute and collect practice and game equipment.
- Work with staff to nominate one team member for “Mamba Mentality” weekly.
- Supervise and foster a safe and nurturing environment for members during program.
- Support in sports injury prevention during practices.
- Report all member and parent concerns to the site director.
- Positively and effectively, redirect inappropriate member behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper member behavior.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: