Quick Overview: Jamboree Housing Corporation is seeking a fun person to spend a few hours a week organizing educational and socialization activities
Mission or Broader Program Description: Jamboree Housing Corporation is nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities. The after school program provides a much-needed a safe and nurturing environment for youth between the ages of 6-17.
Impact: Many of our residents participate in affordable housing, and having a free program on-site for the youth provides meaningful development and enrichment.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment for youth between the ages of 6-17
• Implement after-school program curriculum (provided) that is developmentally appropriate for children of various ages and abilities in the following categories: Health and Wellness, Art and Crafts, Multiculturalism, Service Learning, Technology, and Performing Arts
• Provide homework assistance
• Collect and report data information regarding academic programs and progress
• Other duties as assigned
• Over 18 years of age.
• A.A. Degree; or pursuing a BA degree or equivalent; or equivalent experience serving families.
• Ability to interact in a culturally diverse community.
• Experience with youth ages 6-17.
• Good communication skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Valid California drivers license and availability of an insured vehicle
• TB Test and Livescan clearance
Additional Details: We are able to provide per diem compensation if needed to cover gas and time.
Accessibility: The facility is wheelchair accessible.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: