Description: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles's mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-on-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Program Description: BBBSLA is looking for professional speakers/trainers who can assist with the professional development of their staff. They are looking for experts in their field (i.e. Communication, Team Building, Leadership Styles) to help their staff grow into the best team possible. As the Presenter/Facilitator volunteer, you would need to be available for different pieces of training, generally arranged months in advance, to ensure our team is educated and the most effective they can be.
Requirements: Volunteers will need to commit to an entire shift and be comfortable with public speaking and training large groups. Roughly a 2hr-4hr/week commitment.
Time Commitment: The times/days change with training presentations, but you will be given a chance to help the organization grow its leadership and its staff.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Activity Type: Administrative Support/Clerical,Consulting & Professional Services,Event Organizing,Mentoring/Youth Development
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: