What: Help prepare and serve the evening meal at L.A. Mission.
Los Angeles Mission is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the homeless living on the streets of downtown’s Skid Row.
Volunteer Project: L.A. Works volunteers bring a warm, hearty dinner to some of the 1,800 homeless served daily. Throughout the evening, volunteers help to prep the kitchen, prepare, serve, clean, and organize the kitchen.
Volunteers must wear the following or they cannot participate:
- long pants
- closed-toe shoes
- Shorts, mini skirts
- Midriffs, tank tops, sleveless tops
- Tight or see-through clothing
- Sandals, open-toed shoes
- Dangling earrings
- Please do not sign up more than two weeks in advance of the project.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- No cameras - pictures are prohibited
- Must provide at least 48 hours of notice if you must cancel. We often have a waitlist and no-showing leaves us short-handed and isn't fair to our waitlist.
Parking: Free parking off Winston. Please approach the gate and say you're working for the mission. The entrance is on the backside of the mission.
Minors: Any volunteer under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for L.A. Mission and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Featured
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: