Become a workshop leader to offer life-changing health programs for older adults in LA!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County through direct services. Our Health Self-Management Services Department is dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a Health Self-Management Leader you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and decrease depression.
What You Will Do
Health Self-Management Leaders have opportunities to lead one or more of the following programs:
- Healthier Living (Chronic Disease SelfManagement Program): A small group program for people living with chronic conditions (2.5 hours once per week)
- Chronic Pain SelfManagement: A small group program focused on managing chronic pain (2.5 hours once per week)
- A Matter of Balance: A falls prevention program for adults who have fallen or have a fear of falling (2 hours once per week)
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program: An exercise program for adults with arthritis or other similar joint conditions (1 hour twice per week)
Programs last 6-8 weeks. The training sessions to become a leader vary by program, from 10 hours online to 4 days in person. The training sessions are arranged and paid for by Partners in Care Foundation.
- Comfort presenting for, and encouraging discussions in groups
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way
- Availability 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)
- Commitment to attending training and leading at least 3 workshops within the first year of volunteering
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus, but is not required
Training and skill development; Per diem provided upon workshop completion
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we’ll do our best to match you with those opportunities within or close to your community. We ask that volunteers are willing to drive up to 45 minutes to and from a workshop.
How to Apply
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: