What: Help at-risk youth learn about songwriting, production, and the music industry.
Program mission: Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services cultivates hope and resilience to enrich the well-being of children, adults, families, and communities.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: Volunteers assist the Ten Talents Project Leader in delivering music industry instruction to youth residing at Hathaway Sycamore. The 9 week series culminates in the youth's creation of a group EP.
Time Commitment: Volunteers are encouraged to commit to all or most sessions in order to create consistency for kids who've had very little of it.
- Volunteers need to have an understanding of songwriting and production but do not need any prior teaching experience.
- Volunteers must pass Hathaway Sycamore's background checks, which will be sent to you after you sign up.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Benefits: Help kids understand music industry essentials to help them have the upper hand and build a solid career for the future.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for Hathaway Sycamore and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education, Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Background Check
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: