Project sponsored by
Help serve restaraunt-style meals to the homeless and hungry.
L.A. Works has partnered with Macy's in their efforts to make life shine brighter through service and are leading the community at Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission in feeding the hungry. Hope of the Valley is a faith-based compassion ministry that strives to meet the needs of the "whole person" - physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Volunteers will provide hope, meals, and friendship to people experiencing (or in danger of experiencing) homelessness. Being served restaraunt-style rather than buffet style is a measure to restore guests' dignity and confidence.
Volunteers like you help Hope of the Valley serve over 200,000 meals every year.
14+, but volunteers aged 14-18 must:
- bring and have signed by their legal guardian this Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors
- be accompanied by an adult.
Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes.
All volunteers will receive a 20% off coupon as a thank you for their service.
Email the Opportunity Leader below.
Want to volunteer?
Please click on the SIGN UP button below and we'll see you there.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works and Macy's for Hope of the Valley.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Civic & Community
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: