L.A. Regional Food Bank provides food support to numerous community agencies serving Los Angeles, ranging from large homeless shelters that feed hundreds of people a day to small daycare programs. It is the second largest foodbank operating in the United States.
Volunteer Project: Come on down with fellow L.A. Works volunteers to sort, stack and shelve valuable food to distribute to the hungry throughout Los Angeles. Make someone's day or dinner!
- ALL volunteers must bring a signed L.A. Regional Food Bank Release Form. Volunteers under 18 must have both the Foodbank and an L.A. Works Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors signed by a parent/guardian
- Volunteers for this project must be at least 14 years of age.
- Please arrive between 8:20am - 8:40am for parking and check-in.
Dress Code: Casual attire and closed-toe shoes.
Prohibited attire: tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sandals, open-toed or high-heeled shoes.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at email@example.com.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging,Featured
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: