Step up your volunteer game by becoming the Project Leader for the Environmental Media Association's School Garden Program.
About LA Family Housing:
Environmental Media Association (EMA) wants to put a garden in every school in America. Through celebrity mentoring, corporate and public funding, they currently support 20 school gardens across LA.
The event you'd manage:
At "SPRUCE IT UP: Garden at LA Schools," you would lead a team of volunteers in monthly maintenance of one or more school gardens. You'll have a blast getting your hands dirty as you mulch, weed, and fertilize.
Schools all across L.A. county.
You set the day and time for your monthly maintenance. You must also commit to leading for a minimum of 6 months.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Some gardening knowledge necessary.
- Attend an L.A. Works training.
- Commit to supporting the project for at least 6 months.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers on day of gardening
- Maintain health of garden
- Create additional activities, if needed
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LAFH, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Greatly increase your gardening knowledge
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Gardening/Planting
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: