Step up your volunteer game by becoming the Project Leader for the Environmental Media Association's School Garden Program.
About LA Family Housing:
Environmental Media Association (EMA) wants to put a garden in every school in America. Through celebrity mentoring, corporate and public funding, they currently support 20 school gardens across LA.
The event you'd manage:
At "SPRUCE IT UP: Garden at LA Schools," you would lead a team of volunteers in monthly maintenance of one or more school gardens. You'll have a blast getting your hands dirty as you mulch, weed, and fertilize.
You set the day and time for your monthly maintenance. You must also commit to leading for a minimum of 6 months.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Gardening expertise not necessary - a master gardener will advise and support
- Attend an L.A. Works training.
- Commit to supporting the project for at least 6 months.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers on day of gardening
- Visit gardening site ahead of time and liaise with Master Gardener on what needs to be done
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LAFH, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Greatly increase your gardening knowledge
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Gardening/Planting
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: