Stars is unleashing the potential of children, youth and families in vulnerable communities, providing after school, mentoring and summer activities to help students thrive.
Stars' After School Program
Help students thrive through Stars' After School program with homework assistance, enriching activities like science experiments, gardening, art, acting classes, etc., reading with elementary students, hands-on career discovery experiences and more! This program works with 100+ students from Kindergarten through 12th grade, August 20th, 2019 through May 7th, 2020.
- No experience necessary!
- Must be at least 14 years of age.
- Expected to attend your assigned day and time every week for the rest of the school year.
- 18 or older must complete and clear a background check.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
- 1 hour per week for the rest of the school year
- Tues, Wed or Thurs, 4:15-5pm or 5:30-6:30pm
- The time commitment is only about 1 hour per week, but the enjoyment, satisfaction and accomplishment is huge!
- Earn volunteer hours for school or work
- Get teaching experience to build your resume
- Receive training from the Volunteer Department
- Work with the same students every week, developing a consistent and meaningful relationship.
- Help students learn, create goals, discover career opportunities, feel supported, and be excited about their future!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: